Tuesday 20 February 2007

Lost In Tansnation

Lost in Tansnation

Over the year my art practice has directed itself into making art in relation to my personal history and bi cultural identity and the perspectives that have evolved from this. This unique personal perspective is my education, and I see it as a vantage point develop new ways of learning and integrating art and life.

The direction my art work has taken is still in keeping with the ethos I had developed within my art practice, which is to be engaging social cultural and political issues and juxtaposing that with wit and nonsense. In consideration of language that is the art i also feel that my work has developed itself to undermine it simultaneously.

During the process my practice has become increasingly self referential

feel that my interests, my growth and my knowledge is directed towards conceptual art, and for my art practice this results

The result is that I am developing a concept nation or a micronation, a territory to call my own. Technically in terms of artwork this project could be extended to the documentation of ideas, development of a constitution, audio and visual performances. The aim is to build a history, and potentially a virtual community. This could be realised in variations of internet acess art, e.g. second life.

In terms of contextual and theoretical research...

No comments: